ERASMUS+ STUDY PROGRAMME We hope that you are all safe and healthy. We are happy to announce that the application for Erasmus+ Study Program for 2023-2024 Academic Year is now opened! You can apply for the Erasmus+ Study Program until 10.03.2023 at 17:30. You have to submit all the mentioned documents in the Application Portal before the deadline ends. IMPORTANT […]
ERASMUS+ STUDY PROGRAMME
We hope that you are all safe and healthy.
We are happy to announce that the application for Erasmus+ Study Program for 2023-2024 Academic Year is now opened!
You can apply for the Erasmus+ Study Program until 10.03.2023 at 17:30. You have to submit all the mentioned documents in the Application Portal before the deadline ends.
To prevent interruption of our workflow, all the students should take appointment from link below in respected places before coming to our office.
To take appointment: Appointment | BAU Exchange
For your questions about the application and Erasmus+ Study program please mail to this address: email@example.com
It is students’ responsibility to do the application correctly and BAU Exchange Office is not responsible for completing your application since you are the ones that are attending for our application.
You should be an active student in order to complete your Erasmus+ Study Program Application.
Students must be careful and pay attention to the deadlines.
All the information requested in the online application system must be filled in completely and the following documents must be uploaded to the system.
Applications made with missing and/or incorrect documents will not be considered.
All documents to be uploaded to the application system must be in PDF format.
Positive or negative evaluation will be made after the end of the application. It is the responsibility of the students to upload the application documents to the system correctly and without errors. BAU Exchange Office is not going to control the documents of any student until the application closes.
Students who want to apply to both Erasmus+ Traineeship and Study programs must send a petition to us until 10th March 2023. This document must include the wet signature of the student.
In the Application Portal, it is mandatory to choose a single term for Erasmus+ Study mobility. Candidate students who choose a double semester from the Application Portal will be directly considered as the fall semester.
ABOUT APPLICATION PORTAL:
Students are going to apply through Application Portal which is the new system that was chosen by the government.
Application Portal (Başvuru Portalı) is provided under the name of Presidency of the Republic of Turkey. The use of this new system by all universities in Turkey has been made mandatory for us by our institution called the Turkish National Agency, which carries out Erasmus+ mobilities in Turkey on behalf of our country.
Students need to sign in the system via the link below with their “e-government” (e-devlet) information and password in order to apply for the for the Erasmus+ Study Program.
You should be aware that the Application Portal (Başvuru Portalı) is new and constantly updated. The system is under the control of National Agency and BAU Exchange Office has no control over it. We try to support our students technically as much as we can about the problems experienced or to be experienced, but since the system is new, we are also in the process of getting used as an office. We are in contact with the Turkish National Agency about the problems or deficiencies experienced during the application.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ERAMUS+ STUDY PROGRAM:
· In the application process, which will start on 27 January 2023 at 18:30, ends on 10 March 2023 at 17:30 has been determined as the deadline for completing your applications.
We kindly ask students who want to take advantage of the Erasmus+ Study mobility to complete their applications by paying attention to the specified dates that given below. When applying through the application portal, do not forget to upload the required documents completely and without errors, because after the application deadline is completed, if any missing or error is found in the requested documents, the application will be seen as invalid.
The information requested in the online application system must be filled in completely and the following documents must be uploaded to the system. Applications made with missing and/or incorrect documents will not be considered.
INFORMATION ABOUT ERAMUS+ STUDY PROGRAM:
· The student must have completed the 1st semester of the 1st year of their respected studies in order to apply for the program.
· Undergraduate students must have minimum 2.20 CGPA and Graduate students must have minimum 2.50 CGPA.
· It is obligatory for students to discuss the approval of their program places with the Erasmus+ coordinators of their own faculties and get approval before appplying to the program. Before applying, graduate students should contact their institute and consult whether they will be eligible to participate in the program. Our office is not responsible for the situations of students who apply but are rejected by the faculty later in the process.
· Students who will apply must have a course load of at least 30 ECTS in the selected mobility period, when they will participate in the mobility. If you do not have the required course load, your mobility may be cancelled.
· It is the student’s responsibility to obtain information such as the languages of instruction, course contents and application conditions of the institutions to be chosen. It is recommended that you do all the research in detail and complete your application accordingly.
The link for Academic Coordinators: Academic Coordinators | BAU Exchange
· It is the student’s responsibility to provide accommodation in the country where the program is planned.
· If any student participated in Erasmus+ Mobility activities during their normal education period, they cannot participate in a mobility activity for more than 12 months. (For example, if the student has already participated in an Erasmus+ Study mobility before)
· Graduate students who did not have a CGPA in the program they were enrolled in at the time of application can apply with their previous undergraduate graduation CGPA, provided that they present a document.
· Double major students can only use one of the majors to apply for Erasmus+ mobility during the application period.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SELECTION CRITERIA:
· Students who had previously take part in an Erasmus+ program (with or without grant) gets -10 points.
· Students who are planning to apply simultaneously to the Erasmus+ Study and Traineeship mobility type (reduction is applied to the student’s preferred mobility type) gets -10 points.
· Candidates who applied simultaneously for two activities within the same application call (the student will sign a petition regarding her/his decision on from which application the deduction will be applied) -10 points.
· Going for mobility at a country where holds citizenship -10 points.
· Students who had been selected before to participate to an Erasmus+ mobility but didn’t cancel their right before the announced cancellation deadline -10 points.
· Students who have applied but have not taken the English exam without an excuse will be deducted 5 points in their next application. -5 points
· Child of martyrs or war veterans (Has to be documented) +15 points.
· Students who are who have been under protection by 2828 Social Services Law. The proving documents must be submitted to the online application system during the application period. (Proving document has to be obtained from Ministry of Family and Social Policies) +10 points.
· Disabled students, on condition for the disability to be documented. +10 points
· For students selected for mobility: Not attending meetings/trainings organized by the higher education institution regarding mobility without an excuse (applicable if the student reapplies to Erasmus+) -5 points.
CUMULATIVE GRADE POINT AVERAGE (CGPA):
· Undergraduate students must have minimum CGPA of 2.20/4.00,
· Graduate students must have minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00.
· The CGPA displayed on the student system at the time you apply will be valid when you apply to the program. Depending on when you’re applying (if during the semester is ongoing or after the final exams are announced), your CGPA may change and therefore your CGPA may seem different depending on the time you’re applying.
· Submitting CGPA is mandatory for all students who would like to apply for Erasmus. If students have sufficient language proficiency but not the sufficient CGPA are not able to apply.
· For double major and minor students, CGPA is valid.
ERASMUS+ ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAM:
· After your applications are done, you must attend Erasmus+ English Proficiency Exam, which is on 13.03.2023. Students who will not attend the exam, their applications will not be evaluated. The time and the classroom info for exam will be announced later on to your student mail.
· If the submitted language proficiency document’s score and the score submitted on the online platform do not match, the application will be eliminated.
· Screenshots are not valid as language proficiency documents. Students who upload screenshots instead of official documents will be eliminated.
· In the Application Portal, you should not add other specific English Exam results such as IELTS, TOEFL and so on.
· In BAU, the Erasmus+ Language Exam is valid for 2 years. Students need to keep in mind that the validity for this is related with the date when you first entered the exam. (You have to contact school of foreign languages to get your last year’s grade)
· If you have taken the exam last year, you can use last year’s grade for this application with contacting the Foreign Languages School and request your Erasmus+ Proficiency Result and upload it to the system.
· Erasmus+ English Proficiency Exam is different from the Prep School Exam, so students should be aware that they upload the related the document and not the Prep School Exam Result.
IMPORTANT: Your Erasmus+ English Exam result must be 60 or above. Applications of students whose exam result is below 60 will not be evaluated.
INFORMATION ABOUT TRANSCRIPT:
When you make your application to the Application Portal and proceed to the Document Upload section, you must upload your transcript before completing the process. You must apply with an up-to-date Transcript.
Uploading the document to the Application Portal is valid until the deadline.
Since the current semester’s transcripts are not ready because of the finals and other related things, you can only upload until this semester. You should be aware that if you do this, this semester’s transcript will not be added to the application and since you uploaded previous semesters total transcript, this one will be the accounted as your transcript and will be used in the final grading for the list.
We advise our students that are interested to do the application to be aware of this situation and wait for this semester’s transcript in order to use it for the application.
The transcript that you are going to upload to the system after getting it from SAP system should be the signed one. In the SAP system there is two options, you do your request to get your transcript to be the signed one.
MONTHLY GRANTS FOR COUNTRIES:
European Commission declares and sends the amount of the grants to Turkish National Agency. After this, Turkish National Agency declares on how much grant they are going to share with the respected universities of Turkey and the amount changes can change every year.
Grants for Erasmus+ programs are not announced yet and this information will be announced to BAU Exchange in a later date.
INFORMATION ABOUT EXTRA GRANT:
· In accordance with the 2nd article of Social Assistance and Solidarity Law dated 29.05.1989 and numbered 3294, students (or their parents) who are financially supported under this law can benefit from additional grant amount of 100,00 Euros per month. To do apply this, they are required to present the official statement of income from their registered social security governmental branch.
· Students for whom protection, care or accommodation decision has been taken within the scope of Child Protection Law No. 5395
· Those who are subject to Law No. 2828 (Those who have a protection, care or shelter decision by the Ministry of Family and Social Services pursuant to Law No. 2828)
· Those who do not have other parent income and receive an orphan’s pension.
· Martyr/Veteran children
· Those who are granted a needy pension for themselves or their families (the student is entitled to receive financial support from Municipalities, public institutions and organizations (Ministry, Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations, General Directorate of Foundations, Kızılay, AFAD) proving that he or she received financial support at the time of their Erasmus+ application. It is sufficient to submit the document.)
· Disabled people
· Students who have one of their parents or their guardians, who are over 65, and who receive disability or needy pension within the scope of the Law No. 2022, dated 01.07.1976 on Pensions for Needy, Powerless and Orphaned Turkish Citizens and Disabled and Needy Turkish Citizens.
Students who meet the above scope can be provided with an additional grant of 250 Euros per month upon their request. Students must document this situation. Every request will be consulted by our office with the Turkish National Agency and their approval will be obtained.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT RESIGNATION:
Students should be aware that they can do objection to the final score that will be announced for the respected Erasmus+ Program. In the final list for “grant winners” will be evaluated with their %50 CGPA and %50 Erasmus+ English Exam Result. If any student thinks that there is a mistake with their final score in the final list, they have to do their objection through “firstname.lastname@example.org” between 17-22 March 2023.